Snapshots of Life

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Tempio a Roma #2

A few satellite pictures of the temple site!


I wish I could figure out how to highlight the plot of land...but I've tried and I can't.  Running from the top-center to the right-bottom is a piece of the freeway that circles Rome, known as the GRA.  The church land is in the center of the image.



A closer view.  The land stretches from the top to the bottom of the image.  You can see the villetta with the olive grove underneath.



A closer view of the villetta and the olive grove.  The satellite photos must have been taken in the Fall or early Winter because I don't remember it being brown like this.  They don't do it justice.  It really is a cool place.

4 comments:

Joy said...

I was totally thinking about you and Tania during Conference. First when they announced the Temple, and then during the talk about Walden Pond. Hope you guys are doing well!

Lisel said...

It's so exciting!! I hope we can join you when you go to the dedication! And I hope it's not in August so that we don't want to die of heat again :)

Karli said...

A chill came over me as they said Rome, Italy. I remember your letters and the prophesies you would speak of. Since we believe Balli to be originally Italian, that is pretty significant to my ancestors. I hope you can go with Matt and Lisel, I would love to tend the kids, hurry and have one, so you can go.

Lewis Jewelers said...

I'm a convert of 31 years. I am of 100% Italian ancestry and was so touched when Pres. Monson made the announcement. I came across your blog through the Deseret News and have so much enjoyed your comments. Thanks for sharing your mission experiences and posting the Temple site on your blog. I too hope to attend the dedication.