Snapshots of Life

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Change

In the past week I have undergone some very significant changes in my life. New home, new school, new work, new ward, new city, new people to name a few. In truth it is all kinda scary! There has been more than one time in the last few days that I have asked myself, "what am I doing"? Scrubbing the black tub (yeah, it should be white) and nasty toilet with bleach, looking at my bank statement, looking for a job, and sitting in a 3 hour class were some of those moments. I've never been a huge fan of sweeping change. I like comfort zones and status quo. Perhaps that is why this is all necessary for me - to shake me up and help me grow. Like many times before the first few weeks of anxiety and discomfort will pass and the experience will open up to all that I hope it will be.

3 comments:

American Girl said...

I know the feeling, but if anyone can do well in that kind of a situation it is you Silent Thunder. Just keep plugging forward and the Lord will help you adjust. Chin up, chin up, hana hana hana hana hana ha!

Jeje said...

My turn is coming . . . even though I'm not at all happy you're uncomfortable, I am glad to know that you'll understand when I call you from Boston on my first Friday night.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work »