Snapshots of Life

Monday, August 08, 2005

A tip of the hat

This past weekend was great! I had a chance to reflect a bit on the good things about life. It was a busy couple of days, but they were spent in the company of friends. I've had other weekends like it in the past month or so. Some of the friends I haven't spent a lot of time with in way too long, others have been closer lately, all are true friends. The company and laughter of friends is like a Sunday nap - it just feels good (Church at noon does not provide for Sunday naps by the way). Whether it's time spent at a movie, or a concert, or hiking, or talking, or making dinner - it doesn't really matter because I'm with people who have touched my life for good. I am certain that God has had a generous hand in placing great people in my life. I am therefore grateful to God and to my friends for their presence. Most would agree that I am generally a man of few words. What I do say, I try to make count. Perhaps I make up for what I don't say in what I feel. Have you every felt like you couldn't really express how you feel because it would make people feel awkward or uncomfortable? Sometimes that's how I feel toward my friends. There have been times when I have attempted...hopefully it has been enough. People come and people go, things change. I trust that someday I will be able to again meet all those who have touched my life in a place and setting where spirit can communicate to spirit perfectly. Then they will see and know, as I see and know, how they have acted as the hands of God when they were friends to me. So, a tip of the hat to a kind Father and to good friends!

7 comments:

American Girl said...

Silent Thunder - I know that I am so glad that you have been apart of my life. Your example and spirit has been such a guidance in my life. You are one of those people that has motivated me to be better. Thank you for being the person that you are and for living your life in the way that you do.

B said...

Ah the laughter enjoyed and that yummy dinner!! You, my friend, have touched my heart and brightened days when I thought the darkened clouds would never disburse. It is a grand feeling to know that I have true friends!! Love you!!

Domestic Goddess said...

fabulous friend- I love you! You are the greatest.

Some call me MiMi...but you can call me whatever you want. said...

You may not know it, but your testimony has touched me a number of times. THANKS!

Sarah said...

You are right, it was great. I have always been grateful to you for your presence in my life. It has always been a source of light even though I am not good at showing how I feel at times either. Thank you for being such an amazing friend.

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP »

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Battery charge treo 600 Floor mats and mustang Audi a4 aftermarket parts Holiday insurence gabon Butalbital and acetaminophen online Remedy hair loss Sony cell vs microsoft cpu Slutty blowjob videos acne photo Quit smoking with hypnosis in london Celeron cpu chips Caffeine impotence Paris hilton kontraband Keyword valium tablet boards Apex batteries hair lose sudden woman cums teen tire rack hair+loss+treatment+product