Snapshots of Life

Friday, March 21, 2008

...And the Next Thing I Knew...

I had just picked up a new door handle for my car at the local Toyota dealership's Parts and Service Department. On my way home, not even two blocks away from the dealership, I momentarily looked down and the next thing I knew I was only feet behind an ugly metal fortress of a vehicle that was at a complete stop. I slammed on my breaks but it was too late. Thank goodness, no one was hurt and his car didn't even have a scratch. My car was not so lucky. This is now the second time that my hood has buckled, fender been crashed in, light busted up, and alignment destroyed. There goes the tax return. It has not been the best week of my life. Here's to a better one next week!

7 comments:

Ali said...

So sorry that happened to you! I have done that before and it stinks. Here is to hoping that your weekend goes better!

B said...

Well that makes for a not so great day! I think those would be one of those moments that I would burst into laughter just so that I wouldn't cry. :)

jmb275 said...

Wow, I don't know what to say! I'm so sorry C. Hopefully, things can only get better from now on. Good luck.

Mi Mi said...

Sad! Sorry to hear about that. I am sure you will have a better week! :)

Derek said...

That sucks! I am going to be fixing my car on Saturday (while listening to Conference) if you want to bring yours over and join me.

Sarah said...

OH Squeej! That stinks! I'm so sorry. :(

Renee said...

Dang it! I'd laugh, except that Renee and I do the same thing on a regular basis here in boston! My condolences. Hope it's not too expensive to fix! :)