Snapshots of Life

Thursday, May 17, 2007

"Wow, you're looking pretty thin up here!"

A new location to call home means a new person to cut my hair. It is more difficult now to go to Sister and get a very good haircut without a fee (although I like to offer a small donation). Without this luxury I am forced to pay 15 bucks for an in-and-out-of-the-chair-in-five-minutes lousy job. Of course, we go through the small talk and the concluding sales pitch for a number of shampoos and gels that "insert vitamins into your hair follicles for a more healthy head of hair." Pardon my cynical skepticism, but come on now! Perhaps I am just bitter because, in her effort to sell me her products, this very tactful cosmotologist made the comment that stands as the title of this post! Is it really that bad? Am I balding? I think I am headed for a self-image crisis! :)

6 comments:

Jeje said...

Wow, really? She said that to you? That's really funny in a "That's so tactless, I'm cringing" sort of way.

And by the way, I've never noticed you going bald in ANY way.

Wow.

David Cho said...

Don't worry about going bald. I think women dig that.

B said...

You are not balding! Don't pay any attention to her. I am here to listen if you do happen to fall into a deep self-image crisis however. :)

Sarah said...

No way! What a lousy show of customer appreciation! I haven't noticed it at all. And even if it did, David is right. More women dig that than you might think. No need for a self-image crisis my friend! You're so hot right now! ;)

Kate said...

It's just cause you've got that light hair color. You're so not balding, it's just harder to tell that you've got a lot of hair when it's cut short and blond. :)

Domestic Goddess said...

A maybe just a little. it isn't super noticeable though. ;)